Verse to Live By

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Happy Sunday

G'day, my bloggies!
Someone actually said "g'day" to me this week! (It was the guy working at Subway) That was pretty exciting. I think that was one of the first times I actually heard an Australian say "g'day." Only took three weeks, no big deal.
Also, I was asked if I had ever met Katy Perry. Or if I had ever seen her. I said no, and graciously explained that I lived in central California, and quite a ways away from anyone famous.

I went back to Lifestreams church today, and can I just say, I am falling in love with these people! Honestly, these are some of the most wonderful, welcoming folks I have ever met! I got to know several of them during the week, and got invited to go along with them to activities and meals (in Aussie, they are called feeds; i.e. would you like to stay for a feed?). This morning I met a few more people and attended a lunch put on by the church, just for us new people. There is actually quite a large group. I'm getting a lot of free meals from them lately. :) I am blown away by the love and acceptance that is radiating from these people. So many people have come up and either want to get to know me, or already know me and want to say hi, or to introduce me to someone else!
I think it is definitely an act of God that I ended up at this church.

Looking foreward to seeing more of my siblings in Christ later on this week! It really makes the days fly by when you're waiting with anticipation for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment