Verse to Live By

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Cottesloe Beach

 


 On Sunday, I went with Rikki, the current Au Pair who is leaving this coming Saturday, to Cottesloe Beach! It was very beautiful! The water was aweseomely blue and actually very warm (not uncomfortable warm, but warmer than what I am used to in Monterey. It was about the average Californian's swimming pool temperature). I didn't get to swim this time, because I didn't bring my swimsuit, but there's plenty of time for that later on.
 Just look at these beautiful pictures! This is what I was picturing when I was imagining coming here, back in January. Atwell, the subdivision I live in, is not quite so scenic, but it still is pretty, and has nice trees and parks around it. Cottesloe Beach is about a 20 minute drive from the house. Close enough to go on a very relaxing day trip. The water is usually very calm in the swimming area that we were in. There were quite a few waves on this day, but it was nice. :)
 Aaaaand there were cockatoos sitting in the trees above us! I was laying on my back and was very surprised to see one right above me! Apparently they are not so exciting for most people. I was the only person taking a picture of them. And I've seen a bunch more since Sunday, just flying around the neighborhood.


I walked out to on a pier thingy and looked out at the curve of the earth! Pretty darn awesome, God!

Since then, I have had a very nice time getting to know the family and the area. I haven't started driving yet, but I have been learning where everything is, and getting used to driving on the other side of the road, using kilometers, etc.
I got an Australian bank account today! Yipee! So in a few days I will get my new (pink!) debit card from the bank and can actually start buying things! They gave me some aussie dollars to hold me over until then.

I'm really looking foreward to going to church this Sunday. It seems like forever since I have been, even though I really only missed one week. I might have to look around a bit to find one that fits me, but the one I am planning on attending this week seems pretty nice (at least, from what I can tell from the website and podcasts). Can't wait to connect with fellow believers!

Also, I'm starting to think in an accent. Only when I am listening to the radio, or the Australian accented GPS, but it's still there. Hmm... we will see what becomes of that.

Until next time!
TTFN!
(ta-ta for now) <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited you are living in a place where cockatoos are normal! Sounds like an Emily heaven!

    ReplyDelete