Verse to Live By

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Adventure Is Out There

We are in the single digits now, with only 9 days, before I set sail (well, take flight) to Perth! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious, but so far my excitement is overpowering my nerve, thankfully. I'm really not that nervous, just a little bit sad that I will have to say goodbye to all my family and friends. And dog. :( But I rest easier with the knowledge that I will be coming back AND keeping in contact.
It may sound a little nerdy (surprise surprise, coming from me) but only of the reasons I am not all that nervous is that I know every great story begins with a moment like this. With a moment of stepping out of your comfort zone and doing something unexpected. Hardly anyone had any lifechanging, magical adventures sitting at home in front of their computer.

The Pevensies stepped into a wardrobe.
Harry went to Hogwarts.
Rapunzel finally left her tower.
Frodo left the Shire.
Luke left Tatooine (I think that's how you spell it)
Belle went to live with Beast... well, she was kind of force... ok, you get it.

Adventure is out there!



Look at the world, so close, and I'm halfway to it
Look at it, all so big, do I even dare?
Look at me, there at last, I just have to do it
Should I? Here I go!

(That's from Tangled... for you less Disney-obsessed readers) 

No comments:

Post a Comment