Verse to Live By

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Sunday, June 8, 2014

The Finally Blogged-About Weekend!

It seems I am constantly waiting for something eventful to happen so that I can write about it. Then something eventful happens, and I end up so caught up in it that I hardly have time to sit down and think about writing! Oh, the woes of being a writer. Can't I have time and inspiration simultaneously! Oh well. I guess I will have to settle for typing up my adventures a week or so after the fact.
So, here it is!
Last weekend I went with the Young Adult group from my church to State Youth Games, an annual event in which 20 or so churches met up and competed in sports! I don't know why the US doesn't hold events like this (well, they might, but none that I have heard of) but, it was probably the best time I have had all year! Granted, I played the easier sports, tennis, ping pong, dodgeball... and also netball, which I hadn't played before, the it seemed simple enough when people described it. Nope. It was more like basketball than anything I'd ever done. But it was good fun, and most of us walked away from the weekend massaging our sore muscles but with big smiles. Because, out of 20 other churches, our team won the entire competition! The fellowship experienced during this weekend was fantastic and everyone was very welcoming and inclusive, and I met several people that I didn't know previously. Saturday night was a worship service with all of the churches, featuring a guest speaker from the UK and a musician from Los Angeles (go Californians!). It was a fantastic weekend!

On my way home from SYG, I heard from my host family that Sarah had to be admitted into the hospital because a fever was giving her multiple seizures that morning. At the moment she was fine, but the doctors wanted to make sure that she was okay before sending her home. Lucky they did, because she had another seizure that night and a high fever the next afternoon. After over two days, she was very happy to come home and is 100% back to her normal self. Thank you everyone who follows me on facebook and prayed for her and the family during that time.
Fast-forward a couple days, and we are already on the weekend again! I went hiking with a few wonderful people at John Forrest National Park, about 30 minutes away from Perth. We hiked/climbed rocks for about 3 hours, going about 8 km, then went and got a coffee and relaxed for a while.
 A tavern next to the hiking trail had a whole herd of kangaroos sitting out on the back porch area! That was random and totally fun!

 Wonderful Australian scenery!

Well, now I'm back to my regular routine! I'm a bit sad that State Youth Games is over... I had been anticipating that weekend pretty much sense I came to Perth, and now I'm kind of just anticipating my next bit adventure (roadtripping!!!) which won't happen until the end of September. And then, on to New Zealand! Okay, so I've got fun things to look forward to. What an amazing year this is turning out to be!

Love to everyone back home! xoxo
 


No comments:

Post a Comment