Verse to Live By

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

What's Happenin'

It's been a while since my last post! Whoops, sorry about that! I just realized about an hour ago that I hadn't written anything on my blog for several weeks... that either happens when I'm really excitedly busy and don't have time (or am too exhausted) to sit down at my computer and put words together, or when I'm good and bored, and have not much to write about. It's probably a combination of the two, this time. Anyways... what have I been up to?
I just went ice-skating with friends tonight! That was awesome! I didn't expect that to be something I would be doing in Australia, but they were actually some pretty decent skaters out there. Not to mention me! Umm, yeah... I totally biffed it, but only once. And because I only fell once, I did better than I thought I would! We were going around the rink pretty darn fast there at the end of the two hours of skating. Big achievement night! I think my feet might be a bit sore tomorrow, but it'll be worth it!
Sarah had her 2nd birthday party a couple weeks back. It was amazing, with a GIANT (literally, giant. It was like 20 kilos) "Frozen" cake! Frozen the movie, not a frozen ice cream cake or something. The party was at an indoor playground and consisted of HEAPS of food and bunches of adorable toddlers running around. Completely awesome party!
I've joined a new (second) Bible study. Well, actually, it's a home group, but same difference. We're just getting going, but I already feel like it's going to be a great time! So, looking forward to that to pick up.
The rest of my previous activities are pretty straight-forward, but while they were great fun, there's not much to tell about them... I went and had fish n' chips with the host-fam, went to lunch with friends on Sunday after church, then went to a South African-ish church later that evening, and today, I also went to the cinema to see Rio 2! (The one with the birds) (It was great!)
As of last week, both my ticket to New Zealand and my ticket home are booked and paid for. This is definitely giving me mixed feelings! Don't get me wrong, I am beyond excited to be home and see everyone and everything I've missed for the past 5 months. But I keep finding myself trying to think of excuses to come back to Perth. Maybe romance? No? Okay. Drat. I love my job, but I'd love to see what it was like to live in this place while having my own life and making my own schedule. Not that I don't have a life, now. In truth, I'm probably about 10x more social than I was back in California (Sorry, Californian peoples! I'll do better when I get back, promise!). Every week just about I'm going out for food or tea or coffee or just hanging out with friends, and it's wonderful! There is just something about chatting one-on-one or two-on-one with people over food or drink that makes me able to talk deeply about things. That's something I've never been particularly good at or comfortable doing in the past, but now I cherish those moments.
Anyhow, that's about all that's gone on as of late! There's my exciting but now normal life! Two and a half more months until it's turned around again!

No comments:

Post a Comment